=: ][My World ][:=
The things that revolves...

-=:][ My Life ][:=-

By seryew
Time for a new post! Sch started and once again SRC (Student Representative Council) events started to lich my time yet again for another yr hahah. Whu ask mi Ge Kiang lah (act smart), join Bash committee for another yr then kana 2IC... Sian.. Alot of work to be done...

That aside, the things that i wan to focus on this post is mainly 2 impt things in my life... Badminton and Trance...

Firstly, let mi start wif the one and only sport i devote my life to... Badminton.

It was a special day for mi, a day filled wif uncertainty and anxiety. Cant really say much of excitement due to my timid nature, thus i attended my very first day in primary sch wif a sulky face, almost breaking into tears any moment. The bell signaling my first recess in Montfort Primary School sounded. Hordes of naughty boys dashed towards all parts of the school, for mi however, the first thing on my mind was to dash to my mum's arm. ( Haha, quite a mummy's boy isnt it?)

Perhaps i've always been wif my mum since birth, i'm quite sticky to her haha. (F.Y.I : My frens will noe that since young my father has been oversea working, traveling back and for every now and then.)

Finally feeling at ease seeing my mum, i began to look ard my surrounding while eating lunch that my mum prepared for mi. It was then i realise almost everybody ard was playing something i've nv seen before. At that moment, i discovered the name of the sport that i would in the near future devote my everything to: Badminton

Somehow my sch is rather obessed wif badminton, every single corner u can find in the sch compound sure has got some kids laying down water bottles as net line. What makes it even more surprising is that walking amidst the war zone wif massive numbers of shuttercock missiles, nobody ever seems to get hit... even teachers... Wat a miracle! (That's one of the secrets of a Champion Sch hahah)

Day after day, year after year, the only thing recess means to me is how fast i can buy my food and swallow it down, maximising the time i haf to play badminton! However, the negative side of being in this sch is linked wif one of my biggest regrets in life. I could never pass the trial to be a official regular in the school team... Sigh... Guess i'm juz not talented enough, hahah. Even though my neighbours whu plays only as well as mi is able to got into his sch team, guess my sch is juz too strong.

I'm rather thankful that even though in poly, i could still find classmates and fren that liked badminton, thus i could still continue to play.

Even though my chance is long over, seeing my brother representing his sch and playing his best, i somehow feel comforted that at least he has done something that i could not do, glad that i influenced him to play when he was young. Entrusting my dreams to him, i hope he could fulfill his goal..

-=:][ For those whu are reading this post, if u like badminton like i do, do invite mi when u all go for a game ok? ][:=-



Many occasions, when ppl sit in my car for the first time, undoubtedly the first thing they will ask is, " Whoa lau, u listen to this kind of music ar?"

I feel sad for the Trance community... Often mistaken wif its cousin Techno. Both are labeled "Beng". Somehow ppl juz dun realise the beauty in them. Here we go away wif my long-before-u-were-born story.

I was exposed to music when i advanced to Secondary sch. At that time, althou Montfort Primary and Secondary is juz side by side, we were still not familiar wif the ECA (Yes, in my time they were still called ECA hor!) that they haf. Being forced to join at least 1 ECA, we had no choice but to scout ard the booths on ECA day.

SerYew: "Sian, badminon dun laf leisure leh, sch team only... hai~ Mian sng liao lah (no need play already)
MingHui: "I think the band not bad, i wan to learn the saxophone leh, quite cool."
SerYew: "har~ wat is that? sian leh, like those that come on funeral 1, whoa lau"
SerYew: "Bryan, wat u join?"
Bryan: "Ohh, i join band already"
SerYew: "WAT? so fast?? y u join band?"
Bryan: "Becos they got gif free cake if u sign up"
All of us: "....................................................."
SerYew: "btw, those were leftovers from last nite's alumni reunion......"

Fate has a weird way to make fun of ppl, all of us ended up in the band. That started my awareness of music.

I'm sure some of us will noe that last time arcade got this super fun machine call DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). Its a big machine that got 4 arrows and u're suppose to step on them

It was damn popular those days! All of us would practice at hm then go to arcade all over sg to haolian to other ppl hahha! Best if got "Ah Lian" there hahah!!

Ok, the main pt is, althou the game is fun, wat i was particularly attracted to was the music that they haf. It was so different from the usual pop songs that we're so used to. Bring in the band allows mi to broaden my horizons on the different types of music, eg classical. And playing DDR showed mi the direct extreme of it, e.g Techno & Trance.

From then on, i belonged to the Techno & Trance faction. Even when i go clubbing in my poly yrs, i nv liked R&B clubs. The clubs that i frequent are techno clubs haha, which explains the possibility of encountering a fight: 100%...

Techno and Trance somehow has more energy to it and the rhythm seems to be on the right frequency wif mi. But soon after my NS days, i slowly switch to only Trance, maybe cos i'm getting on in age, find that Techno abit too high for mi hahah.

Fav DJ : ATB
Do take a look at his vidz, i simply love them!





 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?